- Android 7.0 or later
- HomeGauge Companion v. 220.127.116.11 or later
- HomeGauge Desktop Software v. 5.3.5 or later
This version of HomeGauge will only run on Android it won't work on iOS devices at this time.
Mobile Forms are a way to complete Forms on the job while using HomeGauge Android Companion. This Article goes over How To Add Forms to Companion, and How to Use Mobile Forms on Companion.
Video: Setting up Companion 5.3
How to Cloud Transfer Forms to Companion
To start using Forms on your Android Companion you will first need to transfer them from your Software. Forms can be transferred using HG Services by Uploading Cloud Templates & Settings.
- Start by opening HomeGauge Software on your computer or laptop
- Click HG Services on the main menu
- Click Upload Cloud Templates & Settings
- Choose a Template to transfer with your Settings and click OK
- Once uploaded you will be prompted with a success message
How To Manually Transfer Forms to Companion
Forms can also be transferred by copying them from your HomeGauge Forms folder and pasting them into your Android Companion HomeGauge Forms folder.
- Connect your Android device to your computer via USB connector
- You may be prompted by your computer or device what you would like to do with your device; Choose Open device to view documents
- Next inside of File Explorer navigate to your HomeGauge Forms Folder; By default the HomeGauge Folder will be inside your Documents Folder C:\Users\Documents\HomeGauge\Forms
- Inside your Forms folder copy all the files or if there is a specific form you would like copy that. Make sure to copy the HGF, PDF, and HTML of that form. All three are required for the form to work.
Important: Only files with extension pf5 will work on companion. These are the new mobile responsive forms. Examples below include the Citizens-4pt-2018.pf5, Citizens-4pt-2018-pf5.html, and Citizens-4pt-2018-pf5.pdf. Remember all three files are required for a form to work.
- Next navigate to the Forms folder inside your Android Device; For this example the file path is This PC\Galaxy Tab A\Tablet\HomeGauge\Forms
- Inside the Forms folder on the Companion paste the Form files you copied in Step 4. You should have included the HGF, PDF, and HTML files for each Form you would like to use.
How to Use Forms on Companion
- Open HomeGauge Companion App
- When on a New or Open Report click Misc
- On the Form section click the right corner Menu and choose Add Form
- Choose from the list of Forms to Add; Select a Form and click Open
- With the Form open you can now edit fields, check boxes, take pictures and insert text. The example image has Merge Fields already associated with Inspector Contact and Customer Information. These merge fields will automatically pull information from corresponding fields in your Software before you send the final Report. For more information on How to Set Default information on Forms (click here).
- To Remove a Form click the right corner Menu and choose Remove Form
- To add additional forms click the right corner Menu and choose Add Form like Steps 3 & 4. You can switch between forms by using the Left and Right Arrows at the bottom center of the Form section.
- To add a customer signature to a Form click the bottom right corner Pencil
- The signature section will allow you to add a signature, save the signature, or redraw the signature. This section is for Forms that require a customer signature. To exit the signature section press your devices back arrow.
- To add a Picture click on the Form button Choose Picture. This will open your devices camera or camera app and allow you to take a photo. Only Forms that have this button already included will allow you to take a picture while inside the Form. All other pictures should be added by adding the Form Picture Page with Labels. This Form can be appended to any other Form when finalizing the report in HomeGauge Software.
Note: At this time you will not be able to Edit the Picture while inside HomeGauge companionImportant! Pictures attached to forms will not re-size automatically in the software. When reviewing your form in the software, before sending, make sure to edit and re-size each of your photos OR click ok for the image to set to the default size.
- When finished with the Report and/or Form save your work by clicking the right corner Menu then Save Report
- Then click the same right corner Menu and choose HG Services > Send Current Report to Cloud
- Your Report and Form are now available to Download to the Software to finalize. For more information on Transferring Reports from Android Companion (click here).