What devices will support the new HG Companion PDF Forms feature?
This new feature is supported on Android devices running Android 7 or higher. It won't work on iOS devices at this time. Please also note that you will need the latest version of the HomeGauge desktop software.
When will the Android Companion app support PDF Forms?
If you're reading these notes, the Companion will support PDF Forms right now!
What does the PDF Forms feature cost?
- If you already have the Companion app, the new feature is available at no extra cost
- The most popular forms are included at no cost
- Some forms are available at a fee
Which forms are included and which forms are coming later?
Included at no cost at the time of the release:
- Citizens 4-Point 2018
- Citizens Roof Certification 2018
- Florida OIR Wind Mitigation
- FABI 4-Point IF
- INACHI 4-Point
- FL MIT-BT II and III 6-1-18
- Additional Comments
- Energy Star TBC
- Picture Page with Labels
- Home Info Sheet
Available at the time of the release for a fee:
- TX WDIR Form
- SC Pest Form (SC-CL-100)
- NC WDIR
- AZ-WDIIR 3-7-18
- Maryland WDIR Form
- WA Pest Form
- Buyback Certificate
- FL Dade County Disclosure (Foreclosure)
- GA WDIR Form
- OK WDIR
- StateFarm Form
Will older forms still work with the Companion PDF Forms feature?
No, only newer mobile-friendly forms will be compatible with the updated HG Companion.
What if I paid for a form (such as NPMA-33) in the past?
Contact our Support team and they'll send you a download link for the updated version.
To install it for use, follow the directions here: https://support.homegauge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020518433
What about paid custom forms?
If we've built a custom form for you in the past, we can upgrade it to be compatible with Companion PDF Forms for a fee.
Want to build a form yourself (or already did)? Here's a how-to for advanced users: https://support.homegauge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010356773-How-do-I-Create-a-Custom-Form-for-HomeGauge-
Any custom forms we build in the future will be compatible with the Companion PDF Forms feature by default.
Can I take a signature on the PDF form?
Yes, you can take a customer signature on the new PDF forms.
Can I add pictures to forms?
Some, but not all, forms support pictures. You can edit the pictures or append forms together after sending your report to your HomeGauge software.
How much storage will this new feature use?
Forms are small files. You shouldn't notice a difference on your mobile device.
What will I need to use the PDF Forms feature?
- You'll need to have a mobile device running Android 7 or newer.
- Your HomeGauge software will have to be updated to a version later than 22.214.171.124.
How do I get the new PDF Forms feature?
- Your app may have already updated. You can check by opening your HG Companion and tapping the 3-dot menu, then tapping About. You'll know it updated if the version number is higher than 126.96.36.199.
- If it hasn't updated yet, visit the Google Play Store and search for HomeGauge, then tap the app icon. If your device has Android 7 or higher, you should be able to update the app.
- Don't have the app? Visit the Google Play Store and search for HomeGauge.
- You'll need to update your HomeGauge software. Open the software and click Help > Check for Updates.
- You'll need the updated Companion app.
Alright, I now have the Companion update and the new forms. How do I use them?
Follow the directions at our Support Center article. https://support.homegauge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019910894?flash_digest=88eb0cdef32dc449da72c90bc63264090d5d08ed
Are you updating the iOS Companion any time soon?
We expect iOS to support this feature after the next major release of HomeGauge software.