If you try to send a report to the cloud and get these error messages, you can follow the tips below for a solution.
"Failed to send report to the cloud" Unable to resolve host www.homegauge.com. No address associated with host name.
- Make sure the clock on your phone or tablet is set to the correct date and time. We use a secure connection for file transfers, and if the date and time are wrong, the secure connection won't work.
- If you are not on WiFi, check to see if you have the option selected to only allow transfers over WiFi. You can find this in the HomeGauge Companion by going to the menu More > General and un-check the box to only allow connections over WiFi.
- Fully reboot your mobile device and try again.
"Failed to send report to the cloud. Posted content length of (xxxxxxxx) exceeds limit of (xxxxxxxx). or "Failed to send report to cloud writer error. Error during system call, broken pipe"
- This error (and occasionally the first error message) indicates that your report is larger than the 200MB Cloud Transfer limit. You will need to manually transfer the report in this case.
- To prevent this in the future on Android devices in particular, make sure that you are using a third party camera app such as OpenCamera which allows you to reduce your photo resolution. We recommend a setting of approximately 1280x720 or 1MP. Similarly, set your video resolution to a lower option if you include video in your report.
Note: The reason why we limit the transfer to 200 MB is to prevent timeouts during the cloud transfer process. There is currently no way to increase this limit.