Blank spaces between inspection items in your report can be frustrating and disrupt the flow of your inspection report. This article will guide you through troubleshooting steps to address this issue and improve the overall appearance of your report. Follow the steps below to resolve this problem:
Remove Page Breaks
By removing page breaks after each section, the generated PDF will have less space between pages.
- Click File > Publishing Options.
- Click the Misc tab near the top of the window.
- Uncheck the box labeled Insert Page Breaks Between Each Section of the Report.
- Click OK.
Troubleshooting PDF Reports
Solution 1: Reduce the Length of Your Cover Page:
- Consider re-sizing the cover page picture or logo by following the instructions in Desktop Report Writer: Add or Change your Logo
- You can also edit the cover page in general by following the instructions in Desktop Report Writer: Edit the Cover Page
Solution 2: Itemize Your Comments and Pictures
- To enhance the organization of your report, itemize your comments and pictures. Refer to the article Desktop Report Writer: Add Comments for detailed instructions.
Solution 3: Resize Your Pictures
- Large pictures can contribute to blank spaces. Resize all your pictures to be smaller. To learn how to resize photos, refer to the Edit Photos section of the article Desktop Report Writer: Add or Edit Media in Reports
Suggestion 4: Use Landscape Pictures
- Consider taking landscape-oriented pictures rather than portrait-oriented ones in the future.
- If you're using the HomeGauge Companion, this means rotating your mobile device for pictures instead of holding it normally.
Suggestion 5: Limit the Number of Pictures per Comment
- Avoid using more than 2 medium-sized or 3 small-sized pictures all on one comment. Distribute pictures across comments to maintain a clean layout.