There are several potential causes for this error.
Corrupt or Missing Photo/Video File
- Select the Print button, and view a print preview of your report. While you may not be able to upload at this time, HomeGauge will still allow you to view an print preview.
- Scroll through the report and look for any instance where you see an empty rectangle in the place of a photo or video.
- Take note of the inspection item number for reference. Go through your entire report and look for any more missing photos or videos.
- Close the print preview.
- Locate that inspection item, and observe how the software indicates there's an image there, but none can be seen.
- Left-click inside of that area, and select Delete Picture.
- Do the same for any other missing photos or videos.
- Re-attempt the upload one you've deleted all the missing photos/videos from your report.
If you need to recover corrupted photos, click Report > View Photo Locker in the top menu. See if that photo exists in that folder. If the report was done on the Companion, check to see if that photo or video shows correctly there. If it does, transfer the report again to see if the corrupted media transfers correctly.
For particularly large reports, previewing them as PDF reports is helpful, because you have access to page sizing tools, that make scrolling through a report easier.
Backup Program Interference
- Carbonite, Dropbox, OneDrive, or any other cloud backup program can interfere with HomeGauge reading files during upload. Disable the backup program and attempt to upload again.
- Suggestion: Schedule the backup software to run during your non-working hours.
PDF Form Issue
- Add a new form to the report (click here for instructions).
- Click Remove Picture next to each picture placeholder.
- Click Set Defaults from Current.
- Continue to fill out this form until it is complete.
- Remove any other copies of this form from the report.
- Cause: on a previous report, the Set Defaults From Current button has been pressed when an image had already been added. Now, the form thinks an image should be included on this report when it has not.
Report Contains Special Characters
- Check the Report ID field for any special characters (the 1/2 symbol, any brackets, any other symbol that is not a regular number, letter, or general punctuation). If you find and remove a special character, try to upload. If not, continue.
- Check the Address for the any special characters. If you find and remove a special character, try to upload. If not, continue.
- Check each comment, picture label, extra info field, and any other field you can type into for special characters. If no special characters are found, contact HomeGauge Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.