Username and Password
Your unique username and password will be contained in the body of the email that you will receive when your documents are ready to view. To log in, follow the link in the email or go to https://account.homegauge.com, then type your username and password into their respective fields and click Sign In.
If you are having trouble logging in, find solutions in this article: Troubleshooting: Login and Access Issues
Your Personal Dashboard
Every HomeGauge user has a personalized Dashboard with information about their inspectors and reports. When you first log in, you are on the My Reports page by default.
Get to know your Dashboard. Starting on the left hand side:
- My Reports - Click this at any time to return to your report list.
- My Home Inspectors - Click this to view the names, e-mails and links to leave a rating for any Home Inspector you have worked with. We encourage you to leave your inspectors a rating with a comment.
- Account Update My Info - Click this to change your User Name, Password, and basic information on file. Click Submit at the bottom when done.
- Sign Out - Click this link to sign out of your HomeGauge Dashboard.
On the right hand side:
- Search Reports - Use this tool to search for a report by Address, City, or Zip. You will also see a number of how many reports are displayed and whether or not your results are filtered by a search. If you do a search and would like to return to a list of all reports, click the orange Cancel Search / View All button.
Editing Your Info
- Login to https://account.homegauge.com. Locate your login info from a notification email from your inspector. If you can't locate your login information, you can access your account here.
- From your home screen, locate the menu item Account on the left side. Click on Update My Info.
- From this page edit the info that you wish changed.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Update My Info.
Accessing Your Report Documents
Your report documents are stored in report folders to keep everything tidy. Report folders are shown 10 at a time in a list with the newest on top. New report folders will have a green background. The link will have an image to the left, the address of the property and an orange View Details button to the right. You can click the button, address or photo to open that particular report folder to see all of its documents.
If no reports are listed when you click My Reports, it may be that your Home Inspector has not yet uploaded your documents or given you access to them. You may need to check with them on the status if you believe the documents should be available to you.
- Click View Details on the report folder you're wanting to access.
- If your inspector does not require an agreement signature or payment, or if you have already signed and/or paid, you should now see a photo of the property with a list of documents below. In many cases, you will only have one document called Inspection Report. To access it, click the orange Inspection Report button. Your inspection report will now open.
If you see links to View and Save a PDF, your report is only available in PDF format. Click View PDF to view the report right in your browser, or Save PDF to save a copy to your computer.
- If a signature is required, you will not be able to view the report until your client has logged into their own account and signed the inspector's agreement.
- If a payment is required, you will see a green box with the words Payment Due and the amount.
- If your inspector accepts payments through HomeGauge, you can click the green Pay Now to pay for the report.
- You can also click the orange Invoice button to access your invoice. You can click Print Invoice or Email Invoice on this page, or click the orange Return button to go back.
If your inspector does not accept payments through HomeGauge, you may see a note that says "Please contact your inspector to make a payment."
For more information on printing and saving your report, see this article: Real Estate Dashboard: Printing or Saving Report
Sharing Your Report and Accessing it Later
When viewing your report, you will see a bar at the top of the screen with several options including Reports, Rate, Email and PDF. Note: Sometimes you may not have options to Email the report. See the tip box below for instructions on how to request that the inspector forward a copy on your behalf.
- Reports - Click this to go back to your reports list at any time.
- Rate - Click this to rate your inspector. We highly encourage you to rate your inspector with a comment.
- Email - Send a link to the report to one or more recipients. A unique password to access the report is included in the e-mail. You can edit the subject and message before clicking Send Email.
- PDF - Will give you the option to view or save a PDF copy of the report. Click VIEW PDF to view a PDF copy of the report in your browser. Click SAVE PDF to save a copy to your computer for safekeeping.
You can also Forward the report from your My Reports screen using the silver Forward button.
If your inspector has forwarding disabled, you can still request that the document be forwarded. Click the Forward button and a request form will open. You can edit the subject
To see more details about sharing your report, see this article: Real Estate Dashboard: Sharing your Report
Create Request List
- Either click the link from the email sent to you by your home inspector, or go to https://www.homegauge.com/. Log in using the credentials provided to you. You can reset your login information if you don't know it.
- Click the View Details button associated with the property you would like to make a CRL for.
- Click the link titled Create Request List found underneath the Inspection Report and Forward buttons.
For more information on using the CRL, view this article: Create Request List