At times you will need to add images to a report that were taken with devices that utilize a wide variety of image formats. HomeGauge only supports the use of JPEG, PNG, and GIF image formats. You will need to follow a series of steps in order to get the image(s) you have to display as intended in the software.
Adding Photos to HomeGauge
- Shown is a group of images taken with a thermal imaging camera that will be used in a report.
- Inside of the HomeGauge software, click the Select Folder button inside of the Pictures tab. Select the folder you will want to show and click OK.
- The software tells us that there are no images to display even though we know that there are images inside of that folder.
- First, verify that the software isn't set to only show pictures in a specific date range. Click the Options button for the photo panel and make sure that Show All is selected from the Show Only Pictures From... drop down.
Converting Images to the Correct Format
- If you still don't see images populate in the panel, the file format of the images will need to be checked. Navigate back to the folder containing your images. Click view and check the box to show file name extensions.
- The three characters at the end of the file name indicate that these images are not supported in HomeGauge.
- Right-click one of the images and select Open With > Paint.
- Once open, click File > Save as > JPEG and save it in the same folder as the other images and click Save.
- Once saved, you should see that the image populates in the photo panel.
- Do the same thing for all the images so that HomeGauge displays the complete list.