About HomeGauge Extra Care
Extra Care delivers additional, free benefits to HomeGauge Inspectors, and makes the home-buying process easier for your Buyers and Agents. If you joined HomeGauge after March 9, 2020, you are already receiving Extra Care benefits.
Inspectors who signed up with HomeGauge before March 9, 2020 simply need to opt-in.
Who is eligible for HomeGauge Extra Care?
- All US-based HomeGauge Inspectors
How does Extra Care benefit a Home Inspector?
- You stand out in the industry, recognized as an Inspector who goes the extra mile for your customers.
- Your Buyers get more through a better inspection process and a simple way to request a homeowners insurance quote and other offers that help them turn their new house into their home.
- Your Agents are happier thanks to a smoother buying process and less pressure to provide the services you now offer.
- You stay ahead of the competition with early access to new software versions, features, and private beta programs.
- Your expertise stays sharp with exclusive training content throughout the year and at our annual HomeGauge TOGETHER conference.
- You even get an Extra Care badge for your website and marketing materials.
How does Extra Care benefit Real Estate Professionals?
- It lessens the pressure because they can offer an additional service to their clients, with no extra legwork.
- It gives them more to offer Buyers through your services, including an optional homeowners insurance quote, creating immediate value add along the process.
- It saves them time by allowing for inspection scheduling, communication, and report delivery features in one place through their HomeGauge Inspector.
- It strengthens their reputation by working with a thorough, thoughtful, and connected Inspector.
- It gives them a recurring connection, allowing them to easily work with an Inspector they know is reputable and full of value for their next Buyers in line.
How does Extra Care benefit the Home Buyer?
- They get extra support, since their Extra Care Inspectors get exclusive access to software betas, extended support hours, and more.
- The home-buying process will be easier from inspection to move-in with an Extra Care Inspector, who has access to in-depth training, exclusive events, and important industry connections.
- They save time by checking all their boxes with one Inspector, who provides easy online appointment scheduling, report viewing, document signing, create request lists, and even an optional homeowners insurance quote.
- They save money via access to deals that help them save on the things new homeowners need most, like homeowners insurance, curated DIY content, renovation deals, and so much more.
- They keep their sanity by being able to focus on the important things. When they choose an Extra Care Inspector, they’re choosing a professional who wants to relieve them of some of the pressure that often accompanies the journey to homeownership.
Can I or my Buyers opt-out?
- You can opt-out whenever you want. If you have opted-in and later decide that Extra Care is not for you, just email us to let us know. Your Buyers can also opt-out at any time.
My company has multiple Inspectors. Does this program apply to them as well?
- Yes, it does! When the owner opts the company in, all Inspectors are opted-in.
How does a Home Buyer opt-in?
Step 1: A HomeGauge Extra Care Inspector will need to upload, deliver, and make their home inspection report viewable in the Buyer Dashboard.
Step 2: Buyers will log into their Home Buyer Dashboard to view their digital inspection report from the Inspector.
Step 3: Upon viewing the report, Buyers will see a box to acknowledge the terms and conditions, with additional checkboxes to request a homeowners insurance quote and other partner offers relevant to their new property.
Step 4: Buyers opt-in by checking any boxes that are of interest to them.
What happens after a Home Buyer opts-in to Extra Care?
After your Buyer chooses to opt-in, one of our insurance or affiliate partners will contact them about the relevant communications, deals, or quotes they marked themselves interested in.
Remember, opting-in is entirely the Home Buyers’ choice, and they can opt-out at any time via their Home Buyer Dashboard. If they do not opt-in to begin with, no one will contact them. Period.
How do Buyers get the right information?
The HomeGauge Extra Care team is currently working on new marketing materials to best suit the needs of our Inspectors and Buyers. We will provide these for no cost exclusively to Extra Care Inspectors once they are complete.
In the meantime, you can refer your Buyers and Agents to our consumer-facing Extra Care page with entirely current information for them.
What if a Buyer doesn't opt-in?
- They will not be contacted.
A few things to keep in mind
- In order for your Buyers to opt-in to the program, their report must be uploaded to, and viewable within their Home Buyer Dashboard.
- The only way a Buyer can view your 360° images and video in their report is to view their report within their dashboard.
- Please be sure to include the Buyer's phone number in your report. Otherwise, our partners cannot get in touch with them as they requested, and we do not want them to think their requests were ignored.
- Extra Care is continuously growing, so be on the lookout for more exciting updates and value adds as the program grows with you!
I'm ready to opt-in. What are my next steps?
If you’re a HomeGauge Inspector who joined HomeGauge after March 9, 2020, you are already receiving Extra Care benefits automatically as part of your Subscription! Inspectors who signed up with HomeGauge before March 9, 2020 simply need to opt-in with the following steps:
Step 1: Sign our user agreement
Step 2: Start enjoying the instant access to all of your benefits and look out for notifications of early entry into new software and services options, and invitations for exclusive training.
Step 3: Have more questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 828-254-2030 and choose option 4.
I'm already opted-in, how can I opt-out?
- Call 828-254-2030, option 4 to opt-out of the Extra Care program.
Ready to get started or have more questions? Please email us at email@example.com or call 828-254-2030, option 4.