HomeGauge Extra Care
Who is eligible for HomeGauge Extra Care Services?
- All US-based HomeGauge inspectors
What are the benefits of HomeGauge Extra Care Services?
- By allowing American Family Insurance or its trusted insurance affiliate, to present a homeowners insurance quote to your buyer, you're providing value to your customer by helping them with the next steps in the oftentimes difficult process of buying a home.
What do real estate agents think about Extra Care?
- They love it! It saves them time by not having to look up home owners insurance details on behalf of their client. They feel good knowing their clients can get educated about the insurance needs of their new home and are able to get a solid quote for comparison to take with them.
Can I or my buyers opt out?
- You can opt out whenever you want. If you have opted in and later decide that Extra Care is not for you, just email us to let us know. Your buyers can also opt out at any time.
My company has multiple inspectors. Does this program apply to them as well?
- Yes, it does! When the owner opts the company in all inspectors are opted in.
How does a buyer opt in?
- When you send a link to your buyer to get their inspection report, they will arrive at their dashboard. Along with the report, the buyer will see two check boxes: one to acknowledge the terms and the second asking if they'd like to get a homeowners insurance quote from American Family Insurance or its trusted insurance affiliate.
What happens after a buyer opts in?
- Once we've confirmed that the buyer wants a quote, only a licensed American Family Insurance agent or trusted insurance affiliate will see their information — they have a strict agreement with HomeGauge never to use the information for any other purpose.
- Based on the inspection address, we'll assign an American Family Insurance agent or a trusted insurance affiliate who knows the area in which the inspection occurred.
- Our agents are specially trained by HomeGauge staff to talk to your buyers and have signed a strict service agreement with HomeGauge about best practices.
What if a buyer doesn't opt in?
- They will not be contacted.
Is there anything I need to give my buyers?
- Yes, here is a brochure that will help your buyers better understand Extra Care!
A few things to keep in mind...
- If you opt in to the program, we have marketing materials for you! Be sure to check your Extra Care emails.
- In order for your buyers to opt in to the program, their report must be viewable in their dashboard. That's also how they can view 360° images and video — so it's always a great idea to upload your reports to the dashboard.
- Please be sure to include the buyer's phone number in your report. Otherwise, we can't call them and we don't want them to think we ignored their request for a quote.
I'm ready to opt in, what are the next steps for me?
- Sign our user agreement
- We will mail you brochures - please give them to your buyers and mention they will be given the opportunity to request a homeowners insurance quote in their Buyer Dashboard after they view their inspection report.
I'm already opted in, how can I opt out?
- Call 828-254-2030, option 4 to opt out of the Extra Care program.
Ready to get started or have more questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (608)-216-3717.