It's important to encourage your customers to share their positive experiences so that new potential clients can know more about you and your work. While HomeGauge has a great ratings system in place for customers looking for inspectors on HomeGauge you may also want to have customer ratings made on other various sites like Google. Google reviews can attract a wider group of individuals as well as helping your company's search engine optimization, or SEO for short. Here's easy way to point your customers to leave reviews for you:
Communicating to Your Customer With a TRM
A TRM, or Time Released Message, is a special message that can be scheduled after a set period of time when a particular event has been completed. To learn more about setting up TRM's click here. HomeGauge has a default rating request titled "Rate me please! (for customer)" that you can use. It can be found under My Reports > TRM. Click "Rate me please! " link in order to edit the message.
Use verbiage encouraging your customer to share their positive experiences in a review. Be courteous and respectful. Use your own words, but you could say as an example: "Please go here to review me on (website)." You will need an actionable sentence that can be used for a link, and something like that will work great.
Directing Customers to Google
- Open up a private window in your Internet browser. It's important that you proceed in a private window as it will allow you to access the info needed while being signed out of a current account, i.e. as if you were the actual customer.
- In Google Chrome: Click the menu button in the top right-hand corner (viewed as three vertical dots) and select New Incognito Window.
- In Firefox: Click the menu button (viewed by three horizontal lines) and select New Private Window.
- In Microsoft Edge: Click the menu button (viewed as three horizontal dots) and select New InPrivate Window.
- Navigate to www.google.com and do a search for your own company along with your city.
- Locate the Google Knowledge Graph sidebar found on the right side of the browser. Click the map for your company.
- In the information sidebar, click Share.
- A modal box will appear containing a link. You will need to copy that link.
- Go back to your TRM template within the HomeGauge Dashboard. Locate the sentence directing people to Google. Highlight an appropriate word and the click the Link button from the toolbar.
- Paste the link that was copied from Google into the URL field and then click OK.
- Click Add Template or Save Template.
- The link will bring users to the Google business page. You may need to direct customers to click the reviews link to find the button allowing them to leave a review.
If you don't see a Google Knowledge Graph when you search for your company, it could be that you don't have a Google business page set up. Visit Google's My Business page for more info.
Please sign in to leave a comment.