HomeGauge gives inspectors the ability to turn off viewing permissions to certain documents. This means that you can decide which documents your customers have access to.
You can see which documents are viewable and which are not right from the Dashboard. Locate a report or agreement and look at the info columns associated with the users.
Notice there is a question mark under the Allow column. This means that the user does not have permissions to view the document.
Changing Viewing Permissions
- Log onto your Dashboard on www.homegauge.com.
- Locate a document such as a report or agreement.
- Click the Viewing tab and then click Edit Permissions.
- Check the boxes under View. You can optionally also check the box under Forward to permit the user to forward the document to a third party.
- Click Set Permissions.
- See that there is now a check mark under the Allow column. This means that the customer can now see the document.
You can also set permissions on the Send Email Notifications screen. Make sure you click View and Forward for each document and each user.
To set viewing permissions as a default
Click on My Reports > Company Options> Upload/Email Options. You will then select how you would like the defaults to be set for all future documents.
If you have a customer say that they can sign in but they don't see the report, it's possible that they do not have viewing permissions set.
Locate the report on the Dashboard and double check their viewing status. If they don't have viewing permissions, set them as instructed above.
You will not need to resend notifications. Simply have the customer sign back in or refresh their page.