Setting Default Camera in HomeGauge Companion
Whenever a new camera app has been installed, the HomeGauge Companion will ask which camera you would like to use when you go to snap a photo.
- Open the HomeGauge Companion. Click the top-left hamburger menu button and click Select Report Template.
- Select one of your templates.
- Click on one of your Components.
- Click on one of the inspection item's next button.
- Click the camera button to add a photo.
- You will see an Android notification asking you which camera to use. Make sure that your preferred camera is either named or selected. Click Always to ensure that the HomeGauge Companion will always use this camera.
- HomeGauge Companion defaults have now been set.
Removing Default Camera in HomeGauge Companion
If you would like to remove or change your default camera follow the instructions below. The device used in this example was a Samsung Tab A. Your android device should have similar steps to access and change default apps.
- Navigate to Android device Settings.
- Tap Apps (Default apps, App permissions).
- Locate the camera app that is currently being used as your default for HomeGauge. In this example HomeGauge is using Open Camera.
- Tap to open the camera app.
- Tap Set as default.
- Tap CLEAR DEFAULTS.
- Now that you removed that apps default permission you can go back into HomeGauge and set a new default camera. Follow the steps for Setting Default Camera in HomeGauge Companion above.