With HomeGauge, you can upload a number of different types documents for your customer such as inspection reports, invoices, and agreements. In order to give your customer the best user experience possible, you will need to verify that the document type is set correctly. This ensures that, once on the Dashboard, all the features associated with your document will work as intended.
Setting Upload Document Type in HomeGauge5
- Click File > Printing Options. This will bring up your print options and available document settings.
- Click and highlight the document setting you wish to check.
- Locate the Edit button (shown with a wrench icon) and click it.
- In the top-right corner you will find a drop down labeled Upload Document Type. Verify that the document type matches the document's purpose. (e.g., if this is a full report, it should say Inspection. If the document is only a pre-inspection agreement, it should say Agreement.)
- Click OK to set and save the setting.
Setting the Document Type on the Dashboard
- Log onto your Dashboard by going to www.homegauge.com and signing in.
- Locate a document and click the manage tab above it.
- Click Rename.
- Using the radio buttons, select which type most correctly describes the document in question.
- Scroll down and click Submit Changes.
In order for your to customers to be able to access and use the Create Request List feature (click here for more info on CRLs), the report must be set as an inspection report. Documents that are categorized as anything else, including summaries, will not allow customers or real estate agents to create a CRL for it.
You're welcome Monica!
Please sign in to leave a comment.