The Desktop Report Writer offers a tool to enhance your reports with custom sketches. You can create unique sketches directly within the application instead of adding a photo or an existing drawing. This article will guide you through the process of adding a sketch to your inspection item and demonstrate how to save custom objects for future use.
Adding a sketch
- With the report open, click any component on the left pane and then choose an inspection item.
- In the comment box below, left-click the gray image area and click Insert Sketch.
- The Sketch editor window will appear. You can hover over any icon to see what each tool does. There are a lot of useful tools to explore; be sure to give them all a try!
Saving a Sketch
One of the most powerful features of the sketch tool is the ability to create custom objects and reuse them in other sketches. Watch the video below for steps on how to create your reusable custom objects:
- Create a sketch you want to save
- Right-click on the sketch and select copy
- In the orange column, right-click and select Paste
- The sketch will be at the bottom of the list. Right-click and select Change Type and Name to give the sketch a title. Then, enter a name and click OK.
- To change the thumbnail image of the saved sketch, right-click on it again and select Edit Icon
- Click the x icon to remove the image. Then, use the tools below to resemble the sketch. Click OK when done.
- Then, to use the image later, simply drag it from the orange column into the white sketch space
- You can adjust the size of the sketch by dragging the corners to the size you want