After entering in customer and report info, selecting a template will officially start a report. The template is the structured list of component and inspection items that comprise the entire home inspection. The contents of the items; such as inspection checks, comments, and photos will be organized into the final report for the customer. This article will describe how to select a template.
Selecting a Template in the Desktop Software
- Locate the Sections Panel on the left side of the interface and click the button Select Report Template.
- Navigate through the list and select a template. The left side panel will show the template categories, the right side panel will show the templates available in each category.
- Click Open Template to open the selected template.
- The template will open. New items in the Sections Panel will now be available.
Once a template is selected, it cannot be undone as a report is permanently linked to a template. If you find that you have selected the wrong template for the inspection, you must either click New and start the report new, or add template items to the current template to have the inspection items needed. Click here to learn how to add template items.
Selecting a Template on the HG Companion
Before selecting a template on your HG Companion, make sure that you have your template available on the device. Click here to learn how to transfer a template to your Companion.
- Open the HG Companion from your mobile device.
- Click the hamburger menu button (seen as three horizontal lines) to access the Navigation Menu.
Additionally, You may use your finger to swipe from the left of the screen.
- Once the Navigation Menu is visible, Click Select Report Template.
- Use the drop down button to select template categories, if multiple categories exist in your Companion.
- Once you have highlighted the template you wish to open, click Select.
- The template will open. New items in the Navigation Menu will now be available.