HomeGauge offers numerous ways to record payments received, giving you seamless ways to manage your business within our platform. To take payment you first need to have an invoice; for more information on How to Manage Invoices on the Dashboard (click here). The following article will explore three ways to handle transactions and have them recorded on the Dashboard:
Enabling credit card payments first requires a payment gateway and/or and merchant provider to be set up outside of HomeGauge. Click here for more in-depth info on getting online payments set up.
Giving customers the ability to pay for inspections online is the most convenient way to handle payments. Once a payment gateway has been setup and connected with your HomeGauge profile, a customer will be prompted to pay after they log in.
- The customer will log into their Customer Dashboard.
- They will locate the specific property that requires payment and click Inspection Details.
- If there is an open invoice, there will be a banner notifying the customer of the amount requested. They will click Pay Now.
- They will fill in a valid credit card.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Submit.
- They will receive confirmation that the payment was successful. You will receive a notification email about the payment.
If you don't have online payments setup or if you favor other methods of payment, you are able to record payments manually on the Dashboard.
- Locate the property on the Dashboard. Click the red dollar amount due.
- You will be taken to the online invoice. Click the Take Payment Button.
- Click the Payment Method drop down and selected the most appropriate payment method.
- Fill in the check number or a payment note and click Record Payment.
- The report will now be marked as paid.
It is possible to have payments sent to you without having a customer log in to do so. Situations where this need may arise are rare. Enabling this feature can allow a customer to pay for a report without it being released. It's for this reason that we are not recommending the use of this feature and to seek other ways to take payments. In order to use this feature:
- Log onto your Dashboard and click Account Settings (on the left) > Company Options.
- Locate the box titled Payment Settings.
- Check the box next to Allow Anonymous Payments.
- Click Save Company Options at the bottom.
If you have been given credit card info from a customer to be input manually, you must:
- Click More Tools (on the left) > Credit Card Processing.
- Click the Use the HomeGauge Gateway button.
- Fill in the credit card info and click Make a Secure Payment.
If a customer is making an anonymous payment to you:
- Verify that your profile is listed in search results. Click Profile (on the left) > Profile Contact Info. Scroll to the bottom and click the box for Show Profile in Search Results. Click Save Changes.
- Have the customer find your HG profile by clicking this link for our inspector finder.
- Click on your company name to go into your profile.
- Click on the button Pay Online Now.
- Here, they can log in to make a payment or click Make Other Payment to make an anonymous payment.
- They will then fill out their card info and click Make a Secure Payment.
Anonymous payments are not linked to reports. If you receive payment for an inspection anonymously, it's important to manually mark that inspection as paid as soon as you can. Doing so will help keep records straight so that you can know what is and is not paid for, avoiding a situation where you later ask for payment from a customer who has already sent you money.