A section container is a container for your component and inspection items. Many times you will see the default section container called "Components" in your sections panel. Other default section containers you may see are called "Optional", "Commercial" or "WETT". Each one of these is collection of different components. The following article is how to add, edit, and delete section containers.
Section container titles do not appear in your report, therefore it is not recommended to rely on section containers to categorize your report for customers.
Adding a Component Section
- Open a template inside of the HomeGauge desktop software.
- With a template open, click the section container to view components. The first default section container is called components.
- At the bottom of the list of component items, locate the text for Create New Section Container and click it.
- Type in a title for the section container and click OK.
- The new section container will now appear at the end of the list of your already existing section containers.
- You will need to add components and inspection items to any new section containers created; by default new section containers are empty. For more information on How to Add Edit, Delete, or Copy and Paste Inspection Items (click here).
- If you would like to change the position of the section container in the relation to the existing ones, click on the section container name and then use the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
Editing a Section Container
- Click on the section container's name that you wish to edit.
- Click Modify Section Container.
- Retype the name and click OK.
Deleting a Section Container
- Click on the section container's name that you wish to delete.
- Click Delete Section Container.
If you delete a section container, it will delete all of the contents inside of it. This includes component items and inspection items. This cannot be undone, unless you reload the template without saving any changes. If you intend to delete a section container, be sure you move any component items to a different section or verify that the component items are no longer needed. For directions on How to Cut, Copy and Paste Component Items (click here).