Upon receiving an inspection report from your home inspector you may need to have that report sent to another party, such as a licensed contractor, for review. HomeGauge gives you an easy method to forward your report without the need to download it and attach it to an email.
Forwarding a Report as a Real Estate Agent
- Log into your Dashboard at https://www.homegauge.com using the credentials provided to you by your home inspector. If you can't locate your user name or password, click here to reset your password.
- Click Inspection Details associated for the report that you wish to forward.
- If this is the first time viewing the report, your home buyer or seller my need to sign the pre-inspection agreement for the inspector and pay for the invoice. When you have the ability to view the report, click the button Inspection Report to view the report.
- Once viewing the document, click the Email button in the top menu.
- You will be brought to the Forward Report page. Add the email address of the recipient(s).
- The subject lines and message box contain default text but may be edited to better personalize the email. Note: it is important to keep the HomeGauge URL and password as this is how the recipient will access the document.
- When everything is typed to satisfaction, click Send Email. You will get a confirmation notification indicating that the document was forwarded successfully.
Additionally, from the Realtor Dashboard, one may simply click Forward next to the Inspection Report button on the inspection details page for a particular address to get to achieve a similar result.
If you attempt to forward the report and do not see a HomeGauge URL or password in the body of the message, you have not been given the ability to forward the document. The message will default to a request that the home inspector to grant you the permission for forwarding the document. Send that and await a response from the home inspector before making a new attempt at forwarding the document.