Getting the App
- To get started, install TestFlight on the device you’ll use for testing.
- Then, use the beta link provided by HomeGauge to install the beta app. You can install the beta app on up to 30 devices.
- Tap View in TestFlight or Start Testing; or tap Install for the app you want to test.
- After installing TestFlight, you’ll be prompted to turn on automatic updates. This allows the latest available beta builds to install automatically. TestFlight will notify you each time a new build is installed on your device. Automatic updates can be turned off at any time.
TestFlight provides a mechanism for you to provide us feedback from your device.
When you take a screenshot while testing the beta app, you can send the screenshot with feedback directly to the developer without leaving the app.
- Take a screenshot on your device. For details on how to take screenshots, see Take a screenshot on your iPhone or Take a screenshot on your iPad.
- A thumbnail of your screenshot appears in the lower-left corner of your device. Tap the thumbnail and, if needed, add drawings and text with Markup. Then tap the Done button.
- Tap the Share Beta Feedback.
- Optionally, you can add comments (up to 2,000 characters), and your email address if you were invited with a public link.
- Tap Submit.
If you experience a crash while testing a beta app or beta App Clip, you’ll receive an alert asking if you want to send crash details to the developer through TestFlight.
When the crash alert displays, tap Share, add any additional comments, and tap Submit.