If you are signed up with HomeGauge Payments to accept credit cards online, this article will show you how to process a refund for a credit card transaction through your HomeGauge Payments Portal. You can easily refund a full or a partial amount.
NOTE: At this time you will need to email email@example.com if you would like the paid invoice removed from your inspector dashboard. Please indicate the property address, inspection date and refund amount in your email.
1. Log into the HomeGauge Payments Portal:
2. Select Payment History from the menu:
3. Find the transaction you want to refund and click on the amount or the customer's name:
4. Click on the Refund button:
5. You can choose to refund the full transaction amount or you can erase the pre-populated full amount and type in a custom refund amount. Click the Refund button to complete:
6. The refund will be shown on the Payments History Page:
The negative amount will show as a new transaction at the top:
The original transaction will appear differently (* and arrow) from regular transactions indicating it was a refund:
How to Process a Refund Video: