Web Writer offers mobile apps that enhance the inspection process, even when working offline. This article aims to guide users through the seamless experience offered by Web Writer's mobile apps, covering everything from initial setup to starting a report, report writing, and photo exporting. Whether you're using the Android app or the iOS app, Web Writer ensures a consistent and convenient experience across platforms.
|Android Web Writer App||iOS Web Writer App|
First time using the Web Writer to write a report
To begin using Web Writer's mobile app, it is necessary to sign in to the Web Writer browser version initially. The app will prompt you to do so. This ensures a streamlined connection between both platforms.
Click on the Sign in @cloud.homegauge.com
- Your browser will launch the Web Writer Browser with a login screen
Enter your HomeGauge Username and Password and click Login
Go to the Web Writer App and enter your HomeGauge Username and Password. Click Login.
Starting a Report
Web Writer Mobile Apps offer three convenient methods to start a report.
The Web Writer Mobile App only displays reports in the past 2 days and 14 days in the future. The Web Writer Web Application displays all synced reports created with the Web Writer.
Create an Inspection from an Appointment
When booking appointments on the Inspector Dashboard, you enter all the information about the inspection, send out agreements to be signed, and create invoices to be paid. Creating an Inspection from the appointment saves time by not having to reenter the information. Also, reports are tied to the agreement and invoice.
Instructions for creating an inspection from an Appointment are found in the article Web Writer: Sync Appointment Data
Sync Inspection on the Web Writer Web App
You can sync the report on the app if you started a report on the Web Writer Browser version. A Data connection is required to sync Inspections to the Web Writer Mobile App.
- Click Refresh Data. Note: If Connect to Sync is displaying instead of Refresh Data. Connect to the internet to sync the report to the Web Writer Moblie App.
Add Inspection on the Web Writer Moblie App
You can also start a report directly on the Web Writer App.
If you booked an appointment for this inspection, it is best to Refresh Data to bring in the report. However, if you are in an area without data, you can create a new report, then after publishing, move the report to the agreement on the Dashboard. To learn more about moving documents, visit the article titled Inspector Dashboard: Managing Uploaded Documents.
Click Add Inspection
- Enter the New Inspection details. Required fields are Address, Inspection Date, and Time. Click Save when done.
Writing the Report
Writing a report on the Web Writer Mobile App is similar to using the Web Writer Web Application. However, the mobile app offers the added advantage of capturing and attaching pictures directly within the app. The mobile app also functions offline and allows manual syncing whenever a data connection is available. Ensure reports are regularly synced to the cloud by clicking "Sync to the Cloud" to ensure data backup and easy access.
To learn more about writing Reports with the Web Writer, visit the article titled Web Writer: Report Writing
Previewing and Publish Report
Previewing and publishing the report is conducted on the Web Writer Web Application, requiring an internet connection to complete the process. Follow these steps to Sync the report:
- When done with the report, return to the main screen using the upper left-hand arrows. Click Sync to Cloud.
- Click on the Menu on the top left of the screen
- Click Inspector Dashboard
- Your internet browser will launch. You can Login with your credentials.
- Click the Menu on the top left of the screen
- Click Web Writer to launch the Web Writer Browser
- Once in the Web Writer Web Application, you can publish the report and send emails. To learn more about this, please visit the article titled Web Report Writer: Publish a Report.
The Web Writer App can export photos for the report. This is useful if you need access to the photos. Some inspectors like to back up their photos on an external site like Google or a hard drive.
In an open inspection report, click Media
- Click the Three-Dot Menu
- Click Export Media
- Click Export
- When you're done, you can click Cancel
- To find the exported photos, open the gallery of your device