If you have updated your Android device to Android 13 and see the message "waiting on permissions" inside the HG Companion without the ability to proceed further, follow these directions to be able to resume normal use of the app.
- Open your device's settings.
- Locate the section for your apps and click on it.
- Scroll through until you find the listing for the HomeGauge Companion and then click on it.
- Select Permissions.
- The HomeGauge Companion requires all permissions to be granted. If there is an item that does not have permissions (e.g. Notifications), click on it and select Allow.
- Within the app's settings, select Force Stop.
- Exit Settings and re-open the HomeGauge Companion.
For more info about changing app permission settings, click here.
For more info about force closing apps, click here.
If you are still unable to use the Companion app after following these directions, double check that all permissions have been allowed in the settings, and also make sure that you are force closing the app.
If you are still unable to use the app normally after checking the settings and reinstalling it, contact support for more assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.