Release Notes 04/27/2023 - Desktop 220.127.116.11, Inspector Dashboard, and Web Writer
HomeGauge Desktop 18.104.22.168
You can now delete forms you never use while in the Desktop software. This list has multi-select capabilities like (ctrl+click, shift+click, and Ctrl+A). We got your back, so any currently open forms can not be deleted. Reinstalling the Desktop software does restore default forms, and you can recover any accidental deletions from the Recycle Bin.
Mass deselect download Appointments
Have you spent too much time deselecting appointments you do not want to download? We have heard your feedback and are excited to say we added a checkbox to either Select All or Deselect All for downloading appointments. The default for downloading appointments has changed to unselected. Whatever your preference is, whether to automatically deselect all appointments or select all, the checkbox choice is remembered for future appointment downloads. #teamdeselectall.
Downloading Reports from the Cloud window has also been updated with the Select All/Deselect All option. We added a “Status” column to show if a report was downloaded. Your choice for the checkbox will be saved separately for the appointment and report download windows.
Add Company name to Customer and REP
There is a New field for customer/client company name. It also includes a merge field for customer company can be added to the cover page.
Delete Multiple Templates
We also added the ability to delete multiple unused Templates instead of deleting one template at a time. You can also delete whole Categories. Both the Category and the individual template files can be multi-selected. A template that is currently open can not be deleted. As with the forms, reinstalling the Desktop software brings back default templates. If you accidentally delete a template you want, it can be recovered from the recycle bin.
- Smart text replacements are now highlighted by default again, allowing users to use their keyboard to navigate and enter them.
- Restore Other User Settings did not download the user’s style and format settings. We fixed that.
- Videos over 1 GB in size would not open inside the Desktop video editor. Videos added to a report larger than 1 GB will now open in the editor but should be edited down in resolution or length to meet the current upload limit to the dashboard of 500 MB.
- Videos now play in the summary of the Clean Narrative style and formats.
- Strip Existing Audio function now works when using Edit All Photos.
- The Cancel button on the Free Form Replacement dialog prompt did not work. The Cancel button now eliminates the Free Form dialog and deletes the “*FREEFORM*” characters in the comment.
Assigned person workflow multi-inspector improvement
Note: This has been postponed.
The new Assign Person inspector workflow was temporarily disabled as we implemented additional support for our Multi-Inspector organizations. We’ve made some improvements to the process of adding new and existing customers and REPs to your reports from the My Reports page. You can easily search existing contacts or create new ones in fewer steps. We’ve also restricted new accounts to having only one email address to help protect the privacy and security of report data.
Anonymous Payments supports Surcharge
Anonymous Payments now work with the Surcharge feature.
Added links to Android and iOS mobile App
We added links directly to the Android and Apple stores to make checking out the Web Writer mobile apps easier than ever. With our mobile apps, you can write reports offline.
Did you catch the additional arrows that were showing up next to Items in your report? We did too! Those are gone now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please sign in to leave a comment.