Welcome to HomeGauge! I'm super excited for you to be part of our family.
So you downloaded HomeGauge and now you want to know where to start? I completely understand how it feels like to download a new piece of software and feel daunted as soon as you fire it up. "What am I looking at?" "What do all of these buttons do?" "How do I just start a report?"
Luckily, we have some great starter points. The best place to start is with our HomeGauge Handbook series of videos and articles. The handbook is broken up into 4 different lessons covering a different aspect of the HomeGauge workflow. Each lesson contains several short and easy to watch videos walking you through the different things you can do. It was designed to be watched an any order that you wish. Feel free to watch them in sequential order, or bounce around to only the videos that interest you.
- HG Handbook Lesson 1: Set up Your Dashboard
- HG Handbook Lesson 2: Writing Reports in the Desktop Software
- HG Handbook Lesson 3: Writing Reports in the HG Companion
- HG Handbook Lesson 4: Market Yourself by Creating a Sample Report
If you are using the HG Companion, we have a couple of great support articles on how to use it to its full potential.
- How do I Edit a Report on the HomeGauge Companion for Android?
- How do I Edit a Report on the HomeGauge Companion for iOS?
Lastly, I'll include a cheat sheet on all the basic sections, buttons, and menus you will find in the desktop version of the software, as it's always helpful to know how to find the things you need.
This should give you a great starting point. Post below with any questions you might have, and we will be happy to answer you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.