Android Companion Version 220.127.116.11
Version 18.104.22.168 of the HomeGauge Companion for Android introduces a new HG Camera option with several new features. This was introduced in response to Android 11 preventing HomeGauge users from using third party cameras.
Fixes and Improvements
- Added a native camera to HomeGauge Companion for Android. This camera can be enabled or disabled by going to menu > More > Photo Options and checking or unchecking the box titled “Use HG Camera instead of Android default camera app.”
Added the following features to the HG Camera:
- Less taps. Removed requirement to tap to accept each photo when taking single photos. Simply tap the shutter and the photo will be added to the item.
- Multi-Snap. A new feature to allow you to take multiple photos at once. This option can be enabled or disabled by going to the menu > More > Photo Options and checking or unchecking the box titled “Use HG Camera Multi-Snap feature instead of one photo at a time.” Note: In Multi-Snap mode, the gallery icon on the camera will allow you to review photos you've taken and remove the ones you don't want.
- Torch mode. Torch mode allows you to keep the camera’s flash on and use it as a flashlight while taking pictures, perfect for attics, crawlspaces, or other areas with poor lighting. This option can be enabled by tapping the gear icon in the camera interface then tapping Torch On. Note: This only works with the new HG Camera.
- Flash options. Added basic flash options to the HG Camera. You can find these options by tapping the gear icon in the camera interface. The options are Flash Auto, Flash On, and Flash Off.
- Zoom. Added pinch-to-zoom to the HG Camera.
As with the prior version of HomeGauge Companion for Android, you will need to be running Android 7.0 or later. To use the latest flash and torch mode features, your device will need a physical flash.
How to Update
If you meet the requirements above, installing or updating is simple.
If you already have the app, it may auto-update for you. Otherwise, go to the Google Play Store and search for HomeGauge Companion. If there is an Update button next to the HomeGauge Companion app, tap it to begin the update.
If you are installing the app for the first time on your device, tap the Install button next to the app in the Google Play Store search results.
To check which version you are on, open the app and navigate to the menu > About. The version number will be listed on this page. If you see 22.214.171.124, you are up to date! If you see a prior version, please ensure that your device is running Android 7.0 or later.
If you experience any issues installing, updating, or using the HomeGauge Companion for Android, please visit https://support.homegauge.com/.
Here you can live chat with our support agents during the hours of 9 AM to 8 PM ET Monday through Friday, search or browse support articles, or visit our Community Forums to discuss topics with other HomeGauge users.
Please sign in to leave a comment.