The logo you use must either be a jpg or a gif file. The logo must be sized to approximately 300 pixel width.
To resize your logo:
1. Navigate to your "File Explorer" and find your logo file.
2. Right click your logo image and click "open with" and select "paint".
3. At the top left of the "Paint" program, click "Resize".
4. In the "resize and skew" window, under "Resize By" make sure to select "pixels".
5. Change the "Horizontal" dimensions to 300 or 350. Note: 300-350 is average. If your logo is a unique shape, you may need to try different "horizontal" dimensions.
6. The "Vertical" dimensions will change automatically. Click "OK"
7. Go to "file" on the top left. Select "save as" then select "JPEG PICTURE"
8. Save the file under DOCUMENTS > HOMEGAUGE > REFERENCES.
If you have a logo in a computer format but are not sure which format or you do not know how to resize an image, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
To insert your logo into the software:
- Use the "File" menu and select "Printing Options"
- Click on the tab "Logos"
- Click on the first line, slot #1.
- Click the wrench button in the lower right.
- Browse your computer until you find where your logo image is stored. (We recommend it be stored in the References folder of your HomeGauge file under Documents. DO NOT SAVE THE LOGO IN THE LOGO FILE, this is a locked file that cannot be accessed from the HG folder.) Click the logo and select open.
- Click OK on the Printing Options window.