Download and Activate HG Companion
You can get the HomeGauge Companion at the Google Play Store (Android) or at iTunes store (iOS).
- Install it on your device.
- Open the HG Companion App.
- Press the menu and select HG Services and enter your username and password you use in your software and on the Dashboard.
- Press HG Services -> Send Report to the Cloud. If you have no reports yet, you can create a blank one.
- After the report is sent to the cloud, open the HomeGauge Desktop Software on your computer.
- In the HomeGauge Software, select HG Services -> Get Report From the Cloud.
- Select the sample or blank report you sent from your device and select download. This will bring in the blank or sample report but it also brings in the ID of your device.
- In the software, click Options -> HG Companion License. You will see a long string of characters which is your device ID. Enter your HGC license number (found in the e-mail that was sent to you from HomeGauge) and select activate. Now your HGC license is activated on that device.
- The HGC Companion license is valid for only one device. Whenever you get a new device and install the HG Companion on it you will have 30 days to activate that device. Please contact us so we can remove the previous activation. Once that is done, simply follow the steps above to activate the new device.
- If you have HomeGauge installed on multiple computers, you'll need to follow steps 6-8 on the other computers as well.
- To find the device ID on your new device: Open the HG Companion and tap the menu button, then About. Your device ID will be on this screen.
Troubleshooting: Trial Expiring
If your receive a message that your Companion trial is about to expire, chances are the device just needs to be activated. This can happen if you've changed devices or have not activated the device on all of your computers. Follow the steps above to activate.