Desktop Report Writer offers various customization options to enhance the user experience. This article will explore how to change spell check settings, manually edit the user dictionary, enable estimates, edit estimate options, include estimates in the final report, modify the automatically saved cities, states, and zip codes, and disable Outlook integration. Let's get started!
Change Spell Check Settings
- On the software's top menu bar click Options > Spell Check Options
- You can add, remove misspelled words, and edit a Replacement words list. You can also enable or disable the Spellcheck on this options page.
Manually Edit User Dictionary
Users can manually edit the included HomeGauge dictionary by doing the following:
- Close the Desktop Report Writer software.
- Navigate to this folder in your Windows File Explorer: Documents\HomeGauge\Spell.
- Right-click the file called dict25.u, then click Open with.
- Find and choose Notepad from the list of programs, then click OK.
- Please feel free to add any words you'd like to include in the dictionary. Note: Added words must:
- Have the first letter capitalized (Insulation rather than insulation).
- Be followed by a comma. Even the last word in the list must have a comma after it.
- You were successful if the new words do not have a wavy red line (indicating a misspelling) underneath them.
- If a wavy red line appears under the word, something went wrong with the process of adding words. Repeat the process with careful attention to step 5.
- In the Desktop Report Writer, click Options > Estimates...
- Check the box to Include Estimates in the current report. Optionally check the second box to Include Estimates in all future reports.
The comment area for each inspection item will now have an Estimate drop-down box. You'll be able to choose from the list provided.
Editing the Default Estimate Options
- Click Template > Estimates List to view and edit your current template's estimate choices. You can double-click an existing item to edit it or use the tools at the top to add, remove or reorder items.
- Click Save T when finished to save these changes.
Changing Estimate Display Text
- Click File > Printing Options
- Click Misc
- Under Estimates Title Text enter what you would like to display in the report's summary.
Including Estimates in the Final Report
- Click File > Printing Options.
- You can choose the Document Setting you want to use by clicking it once.
- Click Edit.
- Make sure the box for Include Estimates is checked on the menu that appears.
Estimates will only appear in the report's summary and only for items included in a summary. They will not appear in the main report body.
Change the Automatically Saved Cities, States and Zip Codes
- Go to Options and select Cities/States/Zip Codes.
- You can use the drop-down menu to choose which type of items to edit
- Then use the toolbar on the right to add (Orange Plus), edit (Wrench), or remove items (Red X).
Turn Off Outlook Integration
- Open HomeGauge.
- Navigate to Office > Calendar in the upper menu.
- Click the Calendar Options button.
- Uncheck Use Outlook Integration.
- Click OK.
- Restart HomeGauge.