Making a report public is excellent when you need to have a sample report put on your website or sent to a real estate agent. Anyone can view a public report without logging in with a username and password.
Making a report public
- Log onto your Dashboard at www.homegauge.com and locate the report you intend to make public.
- Above the report's title, you will see a series of tabs for Overview, Manage, and Viewing. Click the Viewing tab.
- Click Make Public (viewable w/o password).
- Once on the Make Public screen, copy the URL shown. It will look like https://www.HomeGauge.com/report/ followed by a series of numbers. Click Yes to make this report public.
- The URL you copied can be used as a link on your website or pasted into an email to a party requesting the sample report.
If You Lose The Link For The Report
You can always recover the public link to your report by finding the report on your Dashboard and clicking View Document. Copy the text shown and paste the link where it needs to be.
Verifying Public Documents
Public documents are labeled to notify you of their status. You will see Public in parenthesis next to View Document when the report is public.
Making Documents Private
You can always make a document private at any time. Click the Viewing tab and select Make Private.
It is inadvisable to make a practice of making your reports public to deliver them to clients or real estate agents:
- A public report cannot be tracked
- CRLs cannot be created from reports viewed from the public link
- Public reports can be viewed without having an agreement signed, introducing possible risk
- If you cancel your online services, the report will no longer be accessible to clients or agents