Typically, with most devices, mobile apps are set to update automatically. If this behavior is not desired, it is possible to prevent the HomeGauge Companion from updating automatically.
We recommend that users keep the HomeGauge Companion updated to the latest version, and having auto-updates turned on is the easiest way to ensure this happens. Updates come with bug fixes, feature additions, and security updates, which often address past issues. However, new versions of the Companion might perform poorly on older devices, and having an update run automatically can break a workflow or introduce complications. If this is the case for you, the below directions will help you turn off auto-updates.
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Search for "HomeGauge Companion" in the search bar.
- Click on the HomeGauge Companion app page.
- Click the button in the top corner symbolized by three dots.
- Locate and uncheck the checkbox enable auto updates.
The HomeGauge Companion will no longer update automatically. You can always return to this page and turn on auto-updates or install updates manually as you see fit.
Visit Google Play Help for more information on managing your app settings.