Air Chek Radon Test Instructions
First, buy your radon kits directly from HomeGauge by going to the HomeGauge Environmental Radon Testing page (you must be signed in to your HomeGauge Dashboard to order kits). A test pack comes with two(2) kits (two kits are needed for professional testing) and a FedEx stamp for quick return of the test to the lab. Once you receive the test kits in the mail, open the HomeGauge software and come to this page. Select the "Refresh Kits List" button, and all your kit numbers will automatically display for easy selection.
When performing a radon test follow the below steps:
- Pull two kits from your inventory and match the kit numbers displayed in the HG software drop-down tabs. You must use two kits for each test.
- Observe the auto-included start time and start date and answer the location and level of the home. Ensure the date and time displayed match the start of the test.
- Insert the square foam filter according to Air Chek's instructions and hang the kits (two, side by side per radon test), preferably at chest to head high. You should NOT fill out the start time, date, or address directly on the kit, as this will be sent automatically to the lab in the step below. Simply hang the kits. For more on how to hang the kits, see Air Chek's instructions at http://radon-pro.com/pro_anim1.html.
- Whenever you upload your home inspection report, click the Upload Air Chek radon test start button where you entered the other Radon information at the "Misc" bar. This will send the buyer's name, address, start time, and location/level of the test to the Air Chek Lab.
- Within 2-4 days you must return to the home to pick up the kits.
- Remove the black foam used to hold the pouch open and throw away foam. Peel off the tape on inside edge of pouch and seal firmly.
- Using an ink pen, circle the test kit stop time and stop date. DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS, START TIME OR START DATE or any other info except for stop time and stop date. Air Chek will receive duplicate info such as two start times, which will be confusing and no test result will be given.
- Place the sealed kits in an envelope and use the provided FedEx stamp to send to the lab.
What happens after I mail the kits?
- Online Service users: When the lab receives your kits they will enter the kit # and identify them as yours. They will already have the start time, start date, buyers name and address. They will perform the reading and send the results automatically to your uploaded reports page at HomeGauge. You, your customer, and your REPs with viewing permission will be notified by email that the report is ready.
- HG users that do not upload using Online Service: When the lab receives your kits they will enter the kit # which identifies that they are yours. They will already have the start time and start date and the buyer's name and address. They will perform the reading and email or post the results on their website (http://radon-pro.com/) under your password. You must create a password first with Air Chek to sign into their site and from there you can print the report and fax or email it to your parties.