The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA) uses a specialized version of HomeGauge 5 Desktop Software for writing and delivering reports for NACA-eligible properties. This article will help you obtain the NACA software and start writing reports!
Register with NACA
The first step is to register with NACA at NACA Home Inspector Registration.
Installing NACA HomeGauge
- Click NACA HomeGauge Installer to start downloading the software
- Run or Open the installer depending on your internet browser. Follow installer prompts to install the software successfully.
- After opening the software for the first time, click NACA > Enter NACA Account Information
- Enter your NACA Email and Password then click OK
Using NACA HomeGauge Software
The NACA HomeGauge Desktop Report Writer is a specialized version of the Desktop Report Writer tailored to NACA's specific requirements. The process of writing reports remains consistent with the standard Desktop Report Writer. However, it's important to note that NACA only accepts reports in a specific format. Therefore, certain template editing features have been restricted, allowing you to focus solely on creating the report content. Here's how to make the most of it:
- Read through the Guidelines and Requirements for the home inspector when building the report listed on the home screen of the software. This Guidelines will list NACA requirements for reports.
- Understanding the HomeGauge Interface: To navigate and utilize the software effectively, you can familiarize yourself with Desktop Report Writer.
- Add Customer and Real Estate Agent: Learn how to add customer and real estate agent information to the report. This is essential for accurate reporting.
- Add Photos to the Report: Enhance your reports with visual evidence. Learn how to add and edit photos within the report.
- Add Comments to a Report: Communicate important findings by adding comments to various sections of the report.
- Exclude Unneeded Parts of the Report: NACA has specific report format requirements. Learn how to exclude unnecessary sections from the report, ensuring it meets NACA's criteria.
- Upload Reports: After completing the report, use the "Upload" button within the software to submit your report to NACA. Follow the prompts to ensure a successful upload.
If you encounter issues while trying to upload a report to NACA, consider these troubleshooting steps:
- User Credentials: Ensure that your NACA Username and password are correctly entered in the software's NACA and HG Services sections.
- NACA ID Field: Verify that the NACA ID field is completed in the Customer section of your report.
- Completing Inspection Items: To meet NACA's stringent report requirements, ensure every inspection item is answered. Run a "Find All Answers" search and follow the prompts to address any missing information before uploading the report to the NACA server.
- Report Size: NACA reports have a maximum size limit of 30MB. You can assess the report size by navigating to Report -> Show Report Data Size. If the photo locker's size exceeds the limit, you can omit it from the upload via your print settings at File -> Printing Options -> MISC tab.
- Error Message - Missing Print Formats: If you encounter an error message regarding missing print formats (such as HomeGauge Orange.css), consider changing the print format or color to resolve the issue. Alternatively, you can reinstall the NACA software.
- Comment Formatting: Do not use asterisks in comments as they are reserved characters for “Smart Text” and will prevent you from marking an item as complete.
We want you to have an amazing experience with the NACA HomeGauge Desktop Report Writer, and that's why we encourage you to stay up-to-date with all the latest features and improvements. How can you do this? Easy! Just check out our Release Notes regularly. These notes are chock-full of helpful information about recent updates, bug fixes, and enhancements that will make your reporting experience even better.
Simply click on the link to the Desktop Report Writer Change Log to access the latest Release Notes.
If none of the provided solutions resolve your issues, reach out to the appropriate support channels:
- For HomeGauge software-related matters, you can contact HomeGauge at (828) 254-2030, selecting Option 1.
- If you encounter any issues with your NACA account or uploading reports, please don't hesitate to contact NACA directly by calling (425) 602-6222.