The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA) uses NACA Home Inspection Software based on HomeGauge to write and deliver reports for NACA-eligible properties . This article will help you obtain the NACA software and start writing reports!
Installing NACA HomeGauge:
The software must be obtained directly from NACA.
- Click Here to Sign up and download the NACA software.
- The NACA installer will be downloaded to your Downloads folder. Open this folder and run the installer by double clicking on the hgnaca50.exe file:
HomeGauge Desktop Writer:
The NACA HomeGauge desktop writer is a limited version of the HomeGauge5 desktop software. Report Writing is the same, however since NACA only accepts reports delivered in a specific format, template editing capabilities have been restricted. This means that you only need to worry about actually writing the report!
Follow this link to our Video Lesson Series on using the HomeGauge 5 Desktop Software:
HomeGauge Handbook Lesson 2: Writing Reports in the Desktop Software
If you are receiving an error message when attempting to Upload a report to NACA, check the following items first:
- NACA requires that your NACA Username and password are entered under BOTH NACA and HG Services in the software.
- Make sure that the NACA ID field is completed in the Customer section
- Make sure that each inspection item is answered. NACA has strict requirements for reports to be considered Complete. Inspectors must complete Find All Answers search, follow the prompts for what is missing before report can upload to NACA server.
- NACA reports have a limit of 30MB. You can check the size of your report by going to Report -> Show Report Data Size. If the photo locker is too large, you can remove it from the upload under your print settings. File -> Printing Options -> MISC tab.
- Error message: missing print formats\format1\homeGauge Orange.css, , File:pdfheader.html:
This can occur when using the default print format in the Orange color. Select a different print format or a different color to resolve the error, or reinstall the NACA software.
If none of the above solutions helped:
Contact HomeGauge for issues with the HomeGauge software by calling (828) 254-2030 (Option 1).
If you are having trouble with your NACA account or uploading to your report, contact NACA directly by calling (425) 602-6222.
Please sign in to leave a comment.